About 3 years ago. I "came out" to the two single most important people in my life, My mother and my brother. It was probably one of the most awkward moments I ever had with them. "Hey, I'm bi-curious. I think I like men and women." Mind you I was in the middle of dating someone...so it was awful timing (I have perfected the art of bad timing) or maybe not. We broke up temporarily and then got back together for another 2 years, we broke up then I had a gay time at a gay conference and then I took intro to LGBTQ studies and here we are. I'm here and queer.
Fast-forward to now and it's crazy. Right before school let out I was at a conference at home and so I essentially came out to my mom again. She made it that conversation go a lot easier than I thought it would. Some of my boys seem like they don't fuckin know me anymore. Everybody has some bullshit to say about it or want to know but don't have the balls or the ovaries to just ask me. Hollerin @ the ladies is awkward as hell cause I know I'm not a closeted ass DL dude either. Then my family. My grandma and my dad are f***** homophobes but thats cool too. But its all good and as my partner told me people gay or straight will never understand what it means or know what it means to be bisexual. I am not necessarily trying to be so negative in this process but there is a lot of negative energy around this time in my life. It's funny though cause through this you really do find out who you're real friends are. For example, I had one of the most refreshing conversation with one of my good friends about being bi and it was really awesome (If your reading, I hope you know who you are and that I love you. :-) )
I hope that one day in this world, it will be a lot easier for those who do "come out" or its not the big deal that it is today. I always wonder why do the children who are hetero don't have to come out.
I've been writing a lot of poetry lately. I think that is the only appropriate way to conclude this blog post...
Love
What is love
Is it children
Is it sex
Is it cuddling and spooning
Is it queer
is it straight or gay
is it lesbian or transgendered
what is love
is it the manifestation of human emotion
is it the manifestation of modern capitalism in disguse
or is it the core of a communitarian lifestyle
is it tolerating others
is it being responsible for sharing and caring
what is love
is it that warm fuzzy feeling inside
is it on my MacBook
is it in the mall or the blood stained soil of african by way of a certified diamond
is it that bowl of chicken soup when ill
what is love
is it being with friends on a sunday afternoon
GOD HELP US.
Humanity has no idea of what love is.
Its marketed by wal-mart and halmark.
Profligated by the forces of western imperialism
Exploited by dark hearts and lonely nights
Love
Until next time kids.
Peace, Love and Hairgrease!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment